Global Principal Architect – Dell
This position requires an enterprise technologist who has a passion for applying proven and next-generation technology solutions to solving the most comprehensive business challenges. Having a passion for learning and incorporating cutting edge solutions, we seek a hands-on technologist with a track record of outstanding strategic and pre-sales architecture experience in the enterprise. Thriving in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, you must also have the following experience:
- An evangelist for the clients specific business and technical issues and demands and translate them into architectures & solutions delivered by Dell Technologies.
- Develops, maintains and cultivates strong customer relationships at all levels, with special emphasis on architects & Executive level IT leaders.
- Develops trusted and meaningful client relationships through a deep understanding of Key Business Issues within their account base and alignment to key Dell Technology Solutions
- Work collaboratively across client and all Dell Technologies businesses (Dell, Dell-EMC, VMware, Pivotal, R S A, SecureWorks, VirtuStream) . Work closely with the clients internal IT organization and architectural standards groups to identify, qualify and position potential Dell Technology solutions.
- Drives the Technical Validation for all opportunities across key client contacts in architecture, operations and strategy. Work jointly with Dell Technology client executive and supporting Dell Technologies resources to drive closure of opportunities.
- Delivers compelling 1:1 Presentations and live demonstrations across Dell Technologies key portfolio offerings.
- Drives access to all of Dell Technologies matrix of Subject-Matter-Expertise
- Drives the adoption of Dell Technologies key solutions by positioning Professional Services for People, Process and Technology Consulting
- Proactively alert the aligned Dell Technologies Client Executive and other account team members of potential problems based upon knowledge of a proposed product solutions and the customer environment.
- Ability to articulate industry trends and act as a technical advisor during presales engagements, while validating the customers choice for Dell Technologies solutions.
- Is the lead technical expert with an emphasis on pre-sales motions and scoping of the customers vision through Dell Technologies Solution development.
- Act as the conduit for all technical architecture issues that arise in the account. Provide technical leadership across the company and partner teams, assuring quality, maximizing team output, across geographically dispersed teams with ability to maintain multiple streams of effort.
- For Transformation programs developed for this client:
- Prepares technical architecture with any required related technical documents and collaborates with the Partner of IT Transformation and the Program Director to develop an implementation plan, deliverables and schedule estimates.
- A visionary using the Dell Technologies solutions to achieve customer satisfaction and on-going engagement.
- 10+ years of technical pre-sales and architecture experience for large enterprises, working with global clients on multi-year IT transformational engagements that scale over $25M+ in investment value.
- Comprehensive technical expertise in datacenter technologies from the Application to the Infrastructure levels. Vertical expertise within the clients industry is highly desired.
- Experience working directly CIOs and VPs of IT in orchestrating a wide variety of technical resources to collaborate and drive large enterprise grade, technically comprehensive customer projects within global accounts.
- Previous experience leading enterprise responses to disruptive forces by identifying and analyzing the execution of change toward desired business vision and outcomes.
- Hands-on experience with solutions from Dell, Dell-EMC, Pivotal, VMware or other Dell Technologies a plus.
- Industry certifications (VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, EMC) a plus.
- Solid understanding or practical experience with data center technologies including: Virtualization, Cloud-Computing, Storage, Networking, IT Operations Management, etc.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Other key requirements:
- Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud Architecture & Services
- Systems Integration
- Application Architecture Experience
- Network Architecture Experience
- Business Process Integration
- Enterprise IT Design
- Strategic Planning
- Understanding of Technology Compliance and Regulatory Requirements
- Cross-Functional Requirements Gathering